Neem - Natural Parasite Killer
5 CommentsWednesday, 24 October 2018 | Kate
Neem oil, the organic, pure stuff, is brilliant for repelling and clearing out fleas, ticks, mites, lice and flies. It will also sort out mange but make sure there isn't an underlying bacterial infection with mange, especially if it's been there a while. After you've checked use our Ekoneem neem oil twice daily or our Coconut and Neem shampoo every couple of days.
Why would I use Neem for parasites?
- To clear out and repel fleas, ticks, mites and mange
- If your dog reacts to conventional flea treatments
- If you just don't like using them and want an alternative which actually works. Try our natural Billy No Mates dry mix or tincture instead
- If your dog or cat doesn't like the taste of our natural flea treatment Billy No Mates
- If your pet doesn't generally get fleas but you'd like to have something natural on hand which will fix a parasite problem as and when.
Should I use oil or shampoo?
For parasite control, and bites or sore spots use Ekoneem, 100% neem oil (see diagram right.) You can use it anywhere except around the eyes or muzzle. Use our Skinny Cream for those places.
Our neem oil isn't mixed with anything else and is good to have a pot about the place (in the fridge) for first aid. Use it on dogs, horses, humans and cats (because it's a vegetable oil, not an essential oil, it's safe for cats) for:
- Repelling parasites
- Insect bites
- Flea allergic dermatitis
- Wet eczema
- Sore, cracked skin and paws
- Dry, flaky skin
- Fungal skin problems
Use one of our neem shampoos for:Buy Ekoneem