A licensed herbal medicine for the symptomatic relief of anxiety, nervousness, excitability and travel sickness, and an adjunct in the treatment of epilepsy in dogs and cats. The ultimate herbal combination in a coated tablet, invaluable to calm and relax dogs and cats suffering from excitability, apprehension, phobias or hyperactivity.
In cats, it is also effective in the control of territorial spraying by keeping the cat relaxed and so reducing the urge to mark territory. This is more often a problem in neutered males but is a behaviour that can also be found in dominant females also.
Under veterinary supervision Scullcap & Valerian tablets are used in the control of epilepsy, often in conjunction with orthodox anti-convulsant drugs.
Not recommended for pregnant or lactating females.
- It's a licensed medicine
- Effect for sufferers of noise phobias
- Helps to calm dogs that are scared of fireworks, thunderstorms or gunfire
- Does not cause drowsiness or impair normal behaviour or performance
- Ideal for nervous travellers who just need to be settled for car journeys
- Ideal if new surroundings, situations or people cause apprehension or anxiety
- Valerian - is a nervine, anti-spasmodic and relaxant. It has sedative effects on the nervous system but not on the muscles
- Mistletoe - is widely used in Europe, it helps circulation and relaxes the nervous system
- Scullcap - contains a number of valuable compounds including those which belong to the GABA receptor to reduce anxiety
- Gentian - supports the other active ingredients and also aids the liver in de-toxification
Dorwest Scullcap & Valerian are a licensed herbal medicine (AVM-GSL) authorised by the VMD which really differentiates Dorwest from other veterinary health care brands on the market.
- Valerian Dry Extract (Powdered) Ph.Eur 5:1 50mg
- Mistletoe Dry Extract (Powdered) 3:1 50mg
- Scullcap (Powdered) 30mg
- Gentian Dry Extract (Powdered) Ph.Eur 2:1 24mg
Daily amount to feed:
- 1-2 tablets per 5kgs of bodyweight - Ideally given as two split doses.
For use on singular occasions: (i.e long car journeys, vet visits, busy family events etc)
- Give 12 hours and 2 hours before the event using the higher dosage rate (1-2 tablets per 5kg of bodyweight)
Use during pregnancy and lactation: Not recommended
Use from 8 weeks
Can be given in conjunction with any other medication
Long or short term use: Both, as the condition requires
Special warnings: Epilepsy should only be treated in consultation with a veterinary surgeon
Country of Origin: UK